Monday, February 18, 2008

An Emerald Downs Special Achievement Award

I was profoundly honored (and surprised) when Susie Sourwine, VP of Marketing for Emerald Downs, presented me with a Special Achievement Award at the Awards Banquet. It reads; “For her compassion and dedication to animal welfare and especially in the rehabilitation, adoption, and rescuing of Thoroughbreds at her Second Chance Ranch.” Working with these horses is reward enough! Anyone who knows me, knows my love for Thoroughbreds and the sport of racing. I am so grateful for the support and generosity of the trainers and owners at Emerald Downs. They bring integrity to the sport, and they have been incredibly helpful and wonderful to work with. As well, Emerald Downs, the Washington Thoroughbred Breeder’s Association (WTBA), and the Horseman’s Benevolent Protection Association HPBA), have been hugely supportive of my work and constantly encourage and nourish the efforts of SCR. I should be giving them an award!